Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the Position
Are you passionate about publishing perfect text? We are looking for a Content Support (German) for our small but growing Catalog & Traffic team here at Softonic. We aim to publish clear, fun and engaging online content about apps and software, and want an enthusiastic and dedicated Content Support to help us achieve that.
As Content Support, you’ll ensure that all of our content is readable and SEO friendly, follows internal guidelines and is error free. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable giving critical feedback, suggesting improvements and corrections at every step of the way.
You are going to be part of the content generation and upload for our German site, and help manage its content production process. According to the day-to-day needs, you will also support the team with other operational tasks, such as taking part in the webpage creation process, etc.
If you’re responsible, self-motivated, enthusiastic about publishing for the web, and willing to learn, we’d love you to join our team.
About your Skills and Qualifications
- Proofread and revise catalog reviews to assure the readability and user-friendliness, mainly for German.
- Translate catalog reviews from English to German from scratch.
- Make minor edits to the content, if necessary to comply with quality standards.
- Optimize headlines and texts applying agreed SEO standards.
- Assure the quality of the text.
- Apply the editorial and SEO guidelines in the corrections made.
- Give advice about local expressions that are more suitable for the local market.
We're looking for:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Native German with proficient level of English - other languages will be a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of local spelling and grammar (German).
- Great proofreading and editing skills, with a keen awareness of SEO.
- Attention to detail and a real passion for perfect text.
- Ability to adapt texts from English into German.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-moving environment.
- High level of responsibility, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Team player.
It’d be great if you also bring:
- Experience with Content Management systems.
- Efficient time and tasks management.
- Online editorial experience (media sites, blogging or similar).
- High level of interest in software and technology area.
22.05.2019 | Mieten
21.05.2019 | Vermieten
20.05.2019 | Mieten
15.05.2019 | Verkaufen
15.05.2019 | Verkaufen
22.05.2019 | Verkaufe
15.05.2019 | Suche
14.05.2019 | Verkaufe
14.05.2019 | Suche
13.05.2019 | Biete